Translate

giovedì 5 giugno 2008

Ahmadinajad's speech

   

Dear all,

  I was surprised to see how the Italian media dealt with President Ahmadinajad's speech delivered yesterday at the FAO. It seemed to me little difference was accorded to the speech content: the Italian media had already prepared their reactions. 

  

  I personally found it more balanced than what I had expected but certainly less diplomatic than what one would expect to hear in such meetings, and to be honest, I don't think that was a bad thing. At least it contained more thruth than the Brazilian president speech that did not disclose the social effects of biofuels (but was largely applauded).

  

  You can find the english translation of the speeches on

  
http://www.fao.org/foodclimate/conference/statements/day1-am/en/

  

  Now, I wonder if we could have a role in communicating the true content if the Iranian speech at least to the alternative media? Any suggestions? 

     

  Cherine
  Khallaf


Audio of the speech 


French translation


English translation


1 commento:

  1. So ..if you like so much Ahmadinajad why you don't go to Iran?!

    RispondiElimina